- 500 grams self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying
- Grated cheese
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour and two tablespoons of olive oil. Mix well using your hands.
- Make a hole in the center of the dough and add milk and salt. Stir well until the dough becomes smooth and soft (if needed add more milk).
- Allow your dough to rest. Cut small pieces of dough and using the rolling pin create a round shape.
- Heat approximately 1/2 inch of oil in a frying pan and drop the pieces of dough into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer your fried tiganites in a saucepan so that they do not dry out.
- Serve warm, topped with grated cheese and tomato. [or plain]